In this article, advanced JAMS users who have permissions to edit configuration files will learn how to resolve WCF quota errors seen in the Projected Schedule View and Reports. These errors occur when there are a large number of Projected Schedule results returned.
How to resolve WCF quota errors associated with a large number of Projected Schedule results
When running the Projected Schedule for multiple days, or in an environment with a heavy load, you may receive an error such as:
- One or more errors occurred
- The server did not provide a meaningful reply; this might be caused by a contract mismatch, a premature session shutdown, or an internal server error.
The error generally indicates that the data returned from the server exceeds the WCF quota limit allowed by the Client.
This limit can be adjusted, on a per-client basis, using the following steps:
- Within the Client directory where JAMS is installed, open JAMSDesktop.exe.config
- Locate the JAMSServerBinding and increase the value of these attributes:
Note: When increasing the quota value, set the three attributes to the same value.
You may also see the following error:
This error indicates that the operation exceeds the Client's timeout.
This limit can be adjusted on a per-client basis using the following steps:
- Within the Client directory where JAMS is installed, open JAMSDesktop.exe.config.
- Locate JAMSServerBinding and increase the value of the sendTimeout attribute.
Note: The Client must be restarted to pick-up any changes to this file.