Note: In this article, advanced JAMS users with permissions to edit configuration files will learn how to resolve WCF quota errors seen in the Projected Schedule View and Reports.
What is a WCF Quota Error?
When running the Projected Schedule for multiple days, or in an environment with a heavy load, you may receive an error such as:
- One or more errors occurred
- The server did not provide a meaningful reply; this might be caused by a contract mismatch, a premature session shutdown, or an internal server error.
The error generally indicates that the data returned from the server exceeds the WCF quota limit allowed by the Client.
This limit can be adjusted, on a per-client basis, using the following steps:
- Within the Client directory where JAMS is installed, open JAMSDesktop.exe.config
- Locate the JAMSServerBinding and increase the value of these attributes:
Note: When increasing the quota value, set the three attributes to the same value.
WCF Quota Errors Associated with Timeouts
You may also see the following error:
This error indicates the operation exceeds the Client's timeout.
Adjusting the Limit
This limit can be adjusted on a per-client basis using the following steps:
Within the Client directory where JAMS is installed, open JAMSDesktop.exe.config.
- Locate JAMSServerBinding and increase the values of the sendTimeout and recieveTimeout attributes. The recommended value is 00:10:00.
Note: The Client must be restarted to pick-up any changes to this file.
Note: If you are using the JAMSDBA utility, you can also adjust values in the JAMSServerBinding section in the JAMSDBA.exe.config file. By default, the file is located in C:\Program Files\MVPSI\JAMS\Scheduler. Update the JAMSServerBinding section using the same instructions shown above as for the JAMS Desktop Client.