JAMS users commonly login and browse the JAMS Web Client through JSON Web Token (JWT) Authentication. Beginning with V7, the JAMS Web Client also supports Windows Integrated Authentication as an alternative to JWT Authentication.
How to enable Windows Authentication in the JAMS Web Client
- Add/Install Windows Integrated Authentication to the IIS Server, enable it on IIS, and disable Anonymous Authentication using one of the following links:
- Locate the web.config file in the JAMS Web Client directory.
- Look for key="AuthClassName" with the parent <appSettings file="Common.config"> tag.
- Change value="MVPSI.JAMS.Auth.AuthProviderActiveDirectory" to value="MVPSI.JAMS.Auth.AuthProviderWindowsIntegrated".
- Look for the <authentication mode="None" /> tag in the parent <system.web> and change it to <authentication mode="Windows" />
- Save the file.
- Restart your server.
- When you are back online, log into Windows.
Once you follow the above steps, the JAMS Web Client will load and bypass the Login Page. As long as you are logged into Windows when you launch the Web Client, JAMS will authenticate your Windows credentials.