In a JAMS HA (Highly Available) configuration, it is helpful to keep log files in a central location. JAMS can keep log files on a local disk during the Job Execution, and move the log file to a common, centralized location upon the Job completion. The History view and Monitor view will point to the central location when the Job completes.
Before You Begin
The JAMS Scheduler Service will need access to this remote/central location. It is recommended to have this service running under the same domain account on both the primary and secondary JAMS Servers. For more information, see Change the Account Running JAMS.
Storing Log Files in a Central Location
- Click Configuration from the Shortcuts menu.
- Select the System tab.
- In the Common Log Location field, set the value for a common path that both the primary and secondary JAMS Servers can access.
Storing Log Files in a Sub-Directory in the Central Location
You can use JAMS Folder properties to move log files to a subdirectory within the common log location. Because JAMS folders inherit the master common log location from the Configuration menu, specify the sub-directory only in the Job properties.
For example, to send all log files from the JAMS Accounting Folder to the location below, set the Log Location to "AccountingSubDirectory".
- Ensure the sub-directory folder exists in both of the locations the specified in Default Log Location (primary and secondary JAMS Server) and Common Log Location fields.
- Click Definitions from the Shortcuts menu.
- Right-click the folder and select Properties.
- Click the Properties tab.
- In the Log Location field, enter the sub-directory folder, such as AccountingSubDirectory.
- Click Save and Close.