Users may experience JAMS Views that appear to be missing or closed in their JAMS Client. This can affect JAMS views including:
So, why does this happen?
A JAMS View may be missing because the view element was closed in JAMS. Closing a view element removes it from the given view in JAMS. Re-opening the given view or restarting the JAMS Client will not cause the element to re-appear, as the view element has been separated from the view in question.
Resolve this issue:
To resolve this issue, users must re-add the deleted view element. The instructions below detail the process for reinstating the Monitor View. Users should substitute "Monitor" for their missing view element in the following steps.
Restore a Removed View Element
- Right-click on the Monitor shortcut in the Navigation Bar
- Select Properties from the drop-down list
- In the Properties Dialog, click the Add View button
- Select the Monitor - Monitor Current Activity view from the Shortcut Dialog, then click Next
- The Shortcut View Dialog allows users to set custom view properties. To restore the default view, change no settings and click Finish
- The added shortcut view will now be displayed in the Views section of the Shortcut Properties dialog. If the view name is not displayed, repeat steps 3-5.
- Click the OK button to finish.
- The added view should now be seen in the given section. The view may only consume a portion of the available space. To expand the view, click and drag the bottom border.
- If the view still does not appear, repeat steps 1-8.
Users looking for instructions specific to restoring folder views can find those instructions in the Missing or Closed tab in Folder View article.