JAMS can log into network devices (such as NetApp Servers or Cisco Routers and Switches) using a modified version of the SSH Execution Method.
To accomplish this, users need to create a new Execution method for the device in question, then create a JAMS Job using the new Execution Method.
Create an SSH Execution Method for Network Device Connection
- Open the JAMS Client with administrative permissions
- Open the Execution Methods
- Click on the Add button to add a new Execution Method.
- Name the Execution Method.
- Select SSH as the Base Execution Method
- Ensure the Edit after adding box is checked, then click Finish.
- The Properties dialog for the newly created Execution Method will now appear
- On the Source tab, ensure the Default File Extension is blank
- On the Execution tab, set Type to Routine
- Enter a Regular Expression (Regex) for the given environment in the Application field. The expression in this image is searching for the characters on a line ending in "$#". This expression MUST be changed to reflect the prompt presented from the given device.
- Save and Close the Execution Method.
- Restart the JAMS Client. This will allow users to select the newly created Execution Method in the Job Creation Wizard.
Once the Execution Method has been configured, users can create a JAMS Job with the new Execution Method that connects to the device in question.