If your JAMS Scheduler Services are running on your Secondary Server, there are two simple options to manually fail the Scheduler back to the Primary Server.
- Perform a Manual Failover using Windows Services
- Perform a Manual Failover using PowerShell
Note that these instructions are specific to performing a Failover that transitions Scheduler control from the Secondary Server to the Primary Server. To perform a Manual Failover from the Primary Server to the Secondary Server, reverse instances of "Primary" and "Secondary" in the instructions
Perform a Manual Failover using Windows Services
- Open Windows Services on the JAMS Secondary Server.
- Stop the JAMS Scheduler Service on the JAMS Secondary Server.
- Wait for 3x the interval value listed in the failover.config file (Located within
C:\Program Files\MVPSI\JAMS\Scheduler) to elapse. E.g., If the interval is set to the default time of 60 seconds, users must wait 3 minutes.
NOTE: Move onto step 4 ONLY AFTER waiting for the 3x interval to elapse.
- In the JAMS Client on the JAMS Primary Server, open the JAMS Server dialog from the About drop-down. On the Status tab, the Server Status should be Running. This means that the JAMS Primary Server has taken over for the JAMS Secondary Server.
- Open Windows Services on the JAMS Secondary Server. Start the JAMS Scheduler Service that was stopped in Step 2.
- Wait for the 3x the interval value to elapse, as done in Step 3.
- In the JAMS Client on the JAMS Secondary Server, open the JAMS Server Dialog from the About drop-down. On the Status tab, the Server Status should be Backup Mode.
Perform a Manual Failover using PowerShell
On the Secondary Server, run the following script in PowerShell. The transition will need roughly 10 minutes to take place. After the 10 minute wait, open the JAMS Server Status dialog on the JAMS Secondary Server to confirm the secondary server is in backup mode.
Manual Failover PowerShell Script:
Import-Module JAMS ### List current status of the secondary Get-JAMSFailoverStatus -Server MySecondaryServerName ### Set the primary to running mode Set-JAMSFailoverStatus -Server MyPrimaryServerName -Active ### Double check the secondary status - should read: "Backup" Get-JAMSFailoverStatus -Server MySecondaryServerName
NOTE: Replace instances of "MySecondaryServerName" and "MyPrimaryServerName" with the actual names of the Primary and Secondary Servers in the given environment.