JAMS and Cognos
JAMS provides Cognos automation by leveraging the TM1RunTI command line utility. TM1RunTI is available in IBM Cognos version 9.5.1 Hot Fix 14 and newer. With this utility installed, users can run TurboIntegrator processes on a TM1 server.
Run Cognos in JAMS:
- Create a new JAMS Job using the Add Job button
- Name the Job, then select the Command execution method from the drop down list
- Set run as and notification settings as desired
- Paste or enter TM1RunTI command line code into the source of the JAMS Job. It is highly recommended that users test their code on the command line before running it in a JAMS Job.
- Set the Job's schedule as desired, then Save the Job.
With this compatibility, users can:
- Run TurboIntegrator processes and configuration files
- Create, update, and populate cubes with data
- Create or update a dimension from an imported data source
- And more
For more information on using the TM1RunTI utility, explore these tools:
Using TM1RunTI (IBM Support Site)
TM1RunTI Syntax (IBM Support Site)