A History Chart can be created within a JAMS Dashboard similar to how a History report chart can be created. A parameter will need to be defined for the amount of time to display.
To create the chart:
- Create or Open a new Dashboard file.
- Click on Data source tab and create a History Data Source.
- In the "Within the Past" field, define a variable that will contain the information used in that field. It can be named arbitrarily, in this case, WithinTime is used.
- The format for this variable is $VariableName. It must contain a $ in the beginning of the string.
- With the Data Source defined, select the Data Item from the Ribbon Bar. In this case, Chart was used, then the type set to Line Graph
- Select the Data Source from the drop-down list on the left, then drag over the Information Source to the data items list as shown
- Click on the Data Source Tab, then click on Parameters and define the parameter created earlier
- Click OK
- In the Dashboard view, there is an icon labeled Parameters. Click that and enter a value for the WithinTime parameter.
- The notation is d.hh:mm. Data from the time period specified will be displayed.