Why Does This Happen?
The following error may be encountered while starting the JAMS Client in the event that one of the XML files containing the GUI customization data becomes corrupt:
Exception in JAMSWin Main
Exception:System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
How do I resolve this issue?
1. This can be resolved by using one of the following paths:
- Versions prior to 7.0.1871 will use the following path:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MVP Systems, Inc\JAMS\<jamsclientversion>
- Versions after 7.0.1871 will use the following path:
2. The folder name should be renamed by adding “OLD” to the start of the folder name.
For example, if your Client version is "7.0.1871.0", rename the folder to "OLD7.0.1871.0".
3. Restarting the client will then automatically regenerate any customization files.
Recommendation: Keep a backup of all customization XML files, as they can simply be reapplied in the event of an XML file(s) becomes corrupt.