The FileWatchFailed Alert will notify users when a JAMS Trigger has failed due to an exception.
First, add the FileWatchFailed Alert to the folder in which you want to monitor.
- Right click on a Folder -> Properties -> Alerts
- Check the box that shows the FileWatchFailed Alert to associate the alert with the Folder
- Next, make sure that the appropriate email address associated with the folder in the Notify Names section of the Folder's properties is defined.
- Define a Trigger with a File Event. If the Trigger fails due to an exception, users will receive a notification
- A failure can be simulated by creating a File Event with an Agent specified, and then stopping the Agent service on the remote Agent