- The JAMS Agent for Windows can be manually installed. Go to the JAMS Primary Engine machine and access the following path: C:\Program Files\MVPSI\JAMS\Scheduler\Agents\Windows
- Copy the SetupAgent.msi (32 bit) or SetupAgentx64.msi (64 bit) file to the remote machine
- From the remote machine, double-click to run the installer and follow the prompts. Upon completion a Windows service called JAMS Agent will begin running
- The installer installs a service on the machine called "JAMS Agent" to C:\program files\MVPSI\JAMS\Agent by default
- The JAMS Agent service listens on port 77 in order to communicate with the JAMS Scheduler
NOTE: For more information on ports used by JAMS, check out the What TCP IP ports are used by JAMS article.
- The Agent must then be defined in the JAMS Client in the Agents shortcut. Click 'Add' in the top left corner of the JAMS Client, follow the wizard to define the Agent (note: as the agent has been manually installed, Deploy Agent can be unchecked)
- The JAMS Agent service is recommended to run as "Local System"