The JAMS Scheduler for Windows can be upgraded directly over the top of an existing JAMS V7 installation. Simply run the new installation executable and JAMS will upgrade any requisite components - including the database.
If you would like to be notified when upgrades from JAMS 6.X to JAMS 7.X are available, send your request to Support@JAMSScheduler.com.
Note: Unchecking previously installed components in the executable will uninstall those components.
When performing the upgrade process, please note the following:
- Download latest JAMS release from the JAMS Site.
- Schedule the upgrade for a less busy time in the JAMS schedule.
- Perform a backup of the JAMS Database.
- During the upgrade, the JAMS installer will take care of stopping the appropriate JAMS services and bringing them back up once the upgrade has completed.
- Ensure the user performing the upgrade has sysadmin (SA) rights to the database. This is important so that the database schema can be properly updated.
- Note: If the JAMS Services were configured to run as a Domain account before the install took place, the JAMS Server and JAMS Scheduler service must be set back to run as the domain account. Windows will reset the JAMS Services to run as Local System when the services are updated.
Once the JAMS Server has been upgraded, the same installation executable can be used to upgrade any JAMS Client installs. Simply choose to upgrade only the JAMS Client when presented with the list of JAMS Components.
JAMS Agents can be upgraded by redeploying the Agents from the JAMS Client's "Agents" shortcut.