Are you upgrading a V6 instance to V7?
Please contact JAMS Support or your account representative regarding V6 to V7 upgrade instructions.
The JAMS Scheduler for Windows can be upgraded directly over the top of an existing JAMS V7 installation. Simply run the new installation executable and JAMS will upgrade any requisite components - including the database.
Note: Unchecking previously installed components in the executable will uninstall those components.
JAMS Agents must be running JAMS V7.0.1441 or later to be fully compatible with later JAMS releases. Ensure all Agents are upgraded to V7.0.1441 or later before upgrading the JAMS Scheduler.
When performing the upgrade process, please note the following:
- Download the latest JAMS release.
- Schedule a Maintenance Window, then wait for any executing Jobs to finish before starting a JAMS upgrade. There should be no Jobs running during any upgrade from V7.X to V7.X. For further instructions on creating a maintenance window, see the Creating a Maintenance Window article.
- Perform a backup of the JAMS Database.
- During the upgrade, the JAMS installer will take care of stopping the appropriate JAMS services and bringing them back up once the upgrade has completed.
- Ensure the user performing the upgrade has sysadmin (SA) rights to the database. This is important so that the database schema can be properly updated.
- Note: If the JAMS Services were configured to run as a Domain account before the install took place, the JAMS Server and JAMS Scheduler service must be set back to run as the domain account. Windows will reset the JAMS Services to run as Local System when the services are updated.
- Note: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 or Earlier add-on is being used then the relevant Dynamics AX MSI(s) for your environment must be re-installed, see the Microsoft Dynamics AX Add-ons - 2012 R2 and Earlier article.
Once the JAMS Server has been upgraded, the same installation executable can be used to upgrade any JAMS Client installs. Simply choose to upgrade only the JAMS Client when presented with the list of JAMS Components.
JAMS Agents can be upgraded by redeploying the Agents from the JAMS Client's "Agents" shortcut.
After upgrading JAMS, users may review their DBUpdate.log file, located at
C:\Program Files\MVPSI\JAMS\Scheduler\DBUpdate.log by default.