The SAPDataService execution method allows users to automate any job that already exists in an SAP Business Objects Server environment.
In This Topic:
- Prerequisites for the SAP Data Services Add-on
- Installing the SAP Business Objects Data Services Add-on
- Configuring the SAPDataServices Execution Method
- Creating SAP Business Objects Data Services Jobs in JAMS
Prerequisites for the SAP Data Services Add-on
To use the SAP Data Services Add-on, users must have the following:
- SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) 6.0, with SAP Enhancement Package 7 (EHP) or newer
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4 or newer
- SAP Environment must be a Unicode system
Installing the SAP Data Services Add-on
- Run the JAMS Installer.
- On the Integration Packs step, ensure the JAMS Add-on for SAP Data Services component is checked.
- Complete the installation.
NOTE: Unchecking previously installed components will uninstall those components.
Configuring the SAP Data Service Execution Method
- Run the JAMS Client as an administrator.
- Open the Execution Methods view from the Shortcut menu.
- Double click the SAPDataService execution method to open the Properties dialog.
- Select the Parameters tab, then select SAPEndpoint and click "Properties..." to open the Parameter properties dialog.
- Set the SAPAuthentication and SAPEndpoint Default Values to reflect the given environment.
- Note: SAPAuthentication may be SERVERNAME:6400 for example.
- Save and Close the Parameter Properties dialog.
- Save and Close the Execution Method dialog.
NOTE: The user running SAP Data Service Jobs must have full access to the SAP BODS server.
Creating an SAP Data Services Job in JAMS
- Create a Job in the desired folder and choose the SAPDataService execution method.
- Click OK. The Source tab of the Job Properties will open.
- Use the drop down list to select a CMS Authentication method for your environment.
- Use the Repository drop-down list to select the relevant directory where the SAP Job is stored.
- Use the Job Name drop-down list to select the desired SAP Job from the specified Repository.
- When the relevant SAP Job has been configured in the new JAMS Job, click Save and Close.