When a Job fails in JAMS, it can be manually restarted or resubmitted or automatically retried. For information on Sequence Jobs or Workflow Jobs, see Restarting, Resubmitting, and Retrying Sequence and Workflow Jobs.
The table below provides details on when to use each option.
|Restarting a Job||
|Resubmitting a Job||
|Retrying a Job||
Manually Restarting a Failed Job
- Click Monitor from the Shortcuts menu.
- Right-click the failed Job and select Release.
- On the Release Job dialog, ensure Release to run again is selected.
- Set other options as needed.
- Click Ok. The existing Job instance is restarted and any existing Parameters are saved.
Manually Resubmitting a Failed Job
- Click Monitor or History from the Shortcuts menu.
- Right-click the failed Job and select Submit.
- Enter all applicable information.
- Set the Parameters as necessary.
- Click Submit Run Request. The new Job instance is created.
Automatically Retrying a Failed Job
You can configure for a Job to automatically retry after a failure by adding Recovery options to the properties of the Job. Like restarting a Job, a Job Recovery re-runs an existing Job instance and preserves any existing Parameters on the Job.
If a failed Job has Recovery options and is inside a Sequence or Workflow, the Job automatically executes its retry options within the Sequence or Workflow.
|Minimum Completion Severity (Optional)||
The level at which you want to act on the Job. This includes any level above the selected value/level. Five values are available and they are ordered by severity:
For example, if you set the value to Warning, the Sequence would continue if the completion severity for the Job was Warning, Info, or Success. If the completion severity for the Job was Fatal, the Sequence would stop.
Configuring Retry Properties for a Job
You may need to add the Minimum Severity property if you do not see it listed for your job. The procedure below describes the steps to add this property.
- Click Definitions from the Shortcuts menu.
- Right-click the Job and select Properties.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Click the arrow next to the + button to add a property.
- Under Completion, select Minimum Severity and set the value.
- Click Ok. The property is added to the Properties tab.
- In the Schedule section, set the Retry Count and Retry Interval options as desired.
In the example below, the Job is configured to retry 3 times after a Warning, with an interval of one minute between retries.
- Save and Close the Job. The Job will now retry in the event of a failure.
- Restarting, Resubmitting, and Retrying Failed Sequence Jobs and Workflow Jobs
- Scheduling Recurring Jobs